July 17, 2017
Habitat for Humanity of Williamson-Maury (HFHWM) is a faith based organization creating partnerships to build affordable homes, develop stronger communities, and provide life-changing opportunities for hard-working families. HFHWM brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This Position will require associate to open/close the ReStore, access to building alarm system and safe. Besides normal ReStore Associate responsibilities that include receiving donated merchandise, pricing, stocking, customer service, cashier and other duties as assigned, this position will supervise and lead staff and volunteers and keep staff informed ongoing in director’s absence. Must be able to direct staff and volunteers to work on assigned tasks within the ReStore ; be able to relate to people of different races, faiths and incomes.
ReStore Assistant Manager responsibilities:
- Co-supervise ReStore staff and volunteers
- Communicate ReStore goals, policies and procedures to ReStore staff
- Initiate and implement daily work goals and provide daily updates on progress to the ReStore Director
Finance and Administration
- Oversee and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Assist the Director in achieving operational and financial goals.
- Familiarization with the ReStore operating budget; working in conjunction with the ReStore Director to implement and maintain personnel policies approved by the Board of Directors
- Support the ReStore Director at all times with customers, donors and staff
- Communicate effectively to maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public
- Daily responsibility of all receiving procedures related to donations and associated product orders including paperwork and processing.
- Display all donated and purchased product in a neat and organized manner
- Maintain all warehouse related equipment including trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks etc. and ensure that all equipment is safe and efficient.
- Conduct daily safety walk-through in the ReStore receiving area, yard and parking lots.
- Oversee trash pick-up
- Schedule donation pickups and maintain donation records
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Operations and Sales
- Provide assistance to customers in order to meet sales goals.
- Maintain fresh inventory stock.
- Receive and process purchased inventory.
- Maintain clean and clear receiving areas in order to ensure the flow of merchandise.
- Handle grievances involving staff, customers or volunteers. Inform ReStore Director immediately of any issues needing resolution.
- Supervise and coordinate daily ReStore operational procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the ReStore Director to coordinate and oversee the pricing of all received donation and purchased product.
Skills and Experience
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires experience working in related retail environment
- Knowledge of and dedication to mission of Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury
- Requires verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills and ability to resolve customer and employee conflicts
- Frequent and proper lifting of 50 lbs; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Requires working knowledge of internet, Microsoft office and point of sale system
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: valid TN drivers license
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org