July 19, 2017
Status: Full-Time with Benefits
Habitat for Humanity of Williamson-Maury County is seeking a high-energy individual to join our team as a Construction Supervisor. This position works directly with Habitat for Humanity volunteers on residential construction jobsites teaching construction related tasks. Qualified candidates will have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a willingness to teach and train, effective organization and time management skills, and an affinity for working with diverse groups of people.
The Construction Supervisor will report to the Director of Construction and is not only responsible for managing and teaching volunteers on construction sites, but also monitoring and ensuring a safe work environment, driving and staging materials at jobsites, communicating instructions to subcontractors and delivery personnel, and working with staff members on affiliate related matters. This position is customer facing and extremely fun for the right individual. Weekend work is required including most Saturdays throughout the year. Currently, the construction staff and Chapter build 12 new residential homes/year and 6 critical repairs using subcontractors and volunteer labor.
Contact Information and Procedure:
Email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, train, and motivate volunteers on jobsites to complete residential construction tasks
- Manage most stages of home construction and logistics to keep volunteers and subcontractors on schedule with adherence to pre-determined quality standards
- Prepare jobsites for volunteers with the proper tools, materials, and safety equipment
- Assign work to and supervise volunteer crew leaders on the worksite.
- Demonstrate awareness of the “volunteer experience” and take steps to support this experience wherever possible.
- Deliver material and construction trailers to jobsites in preparation for work days.
- Work with supervisor in scheduling building inspections, subcontractors, and material deliveries to ensure timely and accurate project completion
- Submit receipts to supervisor for financial tracking and payment of invoices.
- Support the affiliate in other duties as assigned
- Strong desire to motivate and teach people with a variety of personalities, ages and backgrounds
- Knowledge of residential construction, jobsite safety, building codes, tools, and trailer operation
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and task oriented while leading the volunteer experience for large (20-25 individuals) groups of people on a construction jobsite
- Mathematical aptitude in calculating building measurements, quantities, etc.
- Flexibility regarding work assignments and work hours.
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Ability to drive a company vehicle including pick-up trucks and large passenger vans with trailers in tow.
- Meet physical demands of job including strenuous activity requiring the ability to sit, walk, carry, push, pull, lift 50 pounds, climb and bend.
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.