September 8, 2021
Job Opening: HFHWM Construction Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury (HFHWM) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with the mission of creating partnerships to build and repair affordable homes, develop stronger communities, and provide life-changing opportunities for qualifying residents in our community.
HFHWM is seeking a high-energy individual to join our team as a Construction Supervisor. This position works directly with volunteers on residential construction job sites teaching/performing construction related tasks. Qualified candidates will have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a willingness to teach and train, effective organization and time management skills, and an affinity for working with diverse groups of people.
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for managing and teaching volunteers on construction sites, monitoring and ensuring a safe work environment, staging materials at jobsites, communicating instructions to subcontractors and delivery personnel, and working with staff members on affiliate related matters. This position is customer facing and extremely fun for the right individual. Weekend work is required including most Saturdays throughout the year. Currently, the construction staff and affiliate build 12-16 new residential homes/year using subcontractors and volunteer labor.
- Lead, train, and motivate volunteers on job sites to complete residential construction tasks
- Work alongside during most stages of home construction and manage logistics to keep volunteers and subcontractors on schedule with adherence to pre-determined quality standards
- Prepare job sites for volunteers with the proper tools, materials, and safety equipment
- Assign, work with and guide volunteer crew leaders on the worksite.
- Demonstrate awareness of the “volunteer experience” and take steps to support this experience wherever possible.
- Deliver material and construction trailers to job sites in preparation for work days.
- Work on supervising and scheduling building inspections, subcontractors, and material deliveries to ensure timely and accurate project completion
- Submit receipts to supervisor for financial tracking and payment of invoices.
- Support the affiliate in other duties as assigned
- Strong desire to motivate & teach people with a variety of personalities & backgrounds
- Knowledge of residential construction, job site safety, building codes, tools, and trailer operation
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and task oriented while leading the volunteer experience for large (20-25 individuals) groups of people on a construction job site
- Mathematical aptitude in calculating building measurements, quantities, etc.
- Flexibility regarding work assignments and work hours.
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Ability to drive a company vehicle including pick-up trucks and large passenger vans with trailers in tow.
- This is a combination of strong physical work and supervision. Meet physical demands of job including strenuous activity requiring the ability to sit, walk, carry, push, pull, lift 50 pounds, climb and bend.
Based on experience
Please email your resume to Becket Moore.
Generous and flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision and retirement.
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.