September 21, 2021
Job Opening: HR Manager
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury (HFHWM) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization and ecumenical Christian ministry that partners with local families in need and donors to build stable, safe, energy-efficient craftsman style homes and sell them with an affordable mortgage.
HFHWM seeks an HR Manager to help grow, support, and develop one of our affiliate’s most important resources, our staff. He/she will play a meaningful role in finding and hiring talent who align with the affiliate’s goals and culture. In addition, the HR Manager will work to support and develop the professional skills of current staff.
Responsibilities for HR Manager
- Create a recruitment plan and calendar according to strategic plan requirements
- Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, salary changes, 90-day and annual review documents, termination letters, and procedure manuals
- Create onboarding plans and educate new employees on HR policies and internal procedures
- Maintain physical and digital files for employees (documents, benefits and attendance records, etc.)
- Create, budget, and implement employee engagement plans
- Coordinate with Leadership to evaluate employee performance and adjust pay scale accordingly
- Perform appropriate disciplinary action as needed for rule violations in coordination with Leadership
- Handle employee grievances
- Oversee Workers Compensation Plan, including annual audit and managing incidents
- Manage all aspects of employee benefits, including but not necessarily limited to Health, Dental, Vision, HAS, and Simple IRA
- Complete bi-weekly payroll and track employee PTO
- Responsible for all aspects of unemployment claims and filings
Qualifications for HR Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- A track record with sourcing, recruiting and closing extraordinary talent
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Positive workplace presence
- Nonprofit experience is a plus
- Three to Five years (3-5) years progressive human resources generalist
- Four year (4) Human Resources or Business Degree
Job Type: Full-time
Wage: Based on experience
Please email your resume and cover letter to Shelley Johnson.
Generous and flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision and retirement.
Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.