Building on Faith
Together, Thrivent and Habitat for Humanity help families in need of a safe and decent place to call home. With our communities, who put God’s love into action by pooling their power and passion, our partnership helps both those giving and those receiving on their journey to a more content, confident and fulfilling life. Thrivent and Habitat for Humanity are partnering to provide Building on Faith events around the country. These community improvement projects are designed to make an immediate impact on local housing and community needs.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available for our local Building on Faith day.
- Help us build the home as a construction volunteer.
- Serve/donate breakfast, lunch and drinks for volunteers.
- Lead a devotion in the morning before the build day starts.
- Lend your photography and/or videography skills to share on social media.
Date: Saturday, September 14th
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: 7258 Horn Tavern Rd., Fairview, TN 37062
Things to Remember
- Check-in will be held from 7:30-8:00am, and we work until 4:00pm.
- Job tasks might include painting and landscaping, so everyone must wear clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly getting paint on. Closed-toe shoes are required.
- We will have plenty of water on site, and breakfast and lunch will also be provided. Please notify our volunteer manager if you have dietary restrictions. Rain Fisher – email@example.com / 615-550-5619
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. No construction experience is necessary.
- All volunteers must complete a liability waiver prior to volunteering. Electronic waiver will be sent to you prior to build day.
- Please visit http://www.hfhwm.org/upload/HFHWM-SAFETY-HANDBOOK_6_30_16.pdf and review the safety handbook prior to volunteering on our build site.
Questions? Contact volunteer manager, Rain Fisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-550-5619
Our volunteer manager will reach out to you with more details on your volunteer role once you’ve signed up! Click here to sign up to volunteer!