This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) is executed ___________________(Today’s Date), by __________________________ (Printed Name ) in favor of Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury, a non-profit organization, its board, officers, staff, and agents, (collectively, “HFHWM”). I agree to volunteer on an HFHWM build site, at the ReStore, or at the HFHWM Administrative Office.
*If volunteer is under 18 years old, printed name of legal guardian name: ___________________________
Due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Habitat for Humanity Williamson-Maury (HFHWM) is doing everything we can to protect our community and our staff. To this extent, HFHWM will be following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation. HFHWM cannot be held liable for any exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) caused by misinformation on this form or the health history provided by each volunteer. If I take any steps to make a claim for damages against HFHWM, its board, employees, or any other released parties, I shall be obligated to pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred as a result of such claim. By signing below, I hereby release and agree to hold HFHWM harmless from and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, and compensation for damages or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the salon, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from HFHWM. I agree to release HFHWM from any and all liability for the unintentional exposure or harm due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Volunteer and/or Guardian seeks to volunteer for HFHWM and engage in activities related to volunteer service (the “Activities”). The Volunteer and/or Guardian understands that activities may include constructing/rehabilitating residential lots and homes and working in the HFHWM offices and ReStore.
The Volunteer and/or Guardian does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer and/or Guardian does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless HFHWM and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from volunteer’s activities with HFHWM.
Volunteer and/or Guardian understands that this Release discharges HFHWM from any liability or claim that the Volunteer or Guardian may have against HFHWM with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, financial, or property damage that may result from Volunteer’s activities with HFHWM, whether caused by the negligence of HFHWM or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer and/or Guardian also understands that HFHWM does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
It is the policy of HFHWM that children under the age of sixteen (16) not be allowed on an HFHWM work site while there is construction in progress. It is further the policy of HFHWM that, while children between the ages of sixteen (16) and eighteen (18) may be allowed to participate in construction work, hazardous activity such as using power tools, excavation, demolition, or working on rooftops is not permitted by anyone under the age of eighteen (18.)
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer and/or Guardian does hereby release and forever discharge HFHWM from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s activities with HFHWM or with the decision by any representative or agent of HFHWM to exercise the power to consent to medical or dental treatment as such power may be granted and authorized in the Parental Authorization for Treatment of a Minor Child.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer and/or Guardian understands that the activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, construction, loading and unloading, and transportation to and from the worksites. Volunteer and/or Guardian hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the activities and release HFHWM from all liability for injury, illness, death, financial, or property damage resulting from the activities.
4. Photographic Release. Volunteer and/or Guardian does hereby grant and convey unto HFHWM all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by HFHWM during the Volunteer’s activities with HFHWM, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
5. Personal Property. Volunteer and/or Guardian understands that any or all personal property damaged or lost is not the responsibility of HFHWM.
6. Safety Handbook. Volunteer ensures that he/she has received and read the HFHWM Safety Handbook.
7. Other. Volunteer and/or Guardian expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of TN and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of TN. Volunteer and/or Guardian agrees that in the event that any clause/provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause/provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.