Habitat for Humanity of Williamson and Maury Counties (HFHWM) takes pride in the home features of our beautiful, energy-efficient Craftsman home designs. Partner families make selections of cabinets, countertops, carpet, vinyl patterns, and exterior paint color from a professionally-designed color palette.
HFHWM is building homes that exceed the standards of Energy Star® and the National Association of Homebuilders Green Building Program. Our homes are also ADA accessible allowing our Partner Families to age in place, as physical needs change. Just another way HFHWM makes the dream of homeownership sustainable.
Basic home features include:
- At least 1,098 square feet
- 3, 4, or 5 bedrooms depending on family size
- Two full bathrooms
- Steps or stoops at all entrances
- Shrubs and one tree for front of house
- Lawn graded, seeded, and strawed
- Sidewalk at one location
- Washer and dryer hookups
- Steel entry doors with deadbolts
- Residential carpet and vinyl flooring
- Water heater
- Low-maintenance exterior siding
- Insulated windows with screens
- Whirlpool electric range
- Whirlpool refrigerator
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Phone and cable connections in each room
- Pantry/laundry room
- A detached storage shed
- Central air and heat
- Concrete driveway
- Concrete steps and retaining wall where necessary
- All materials are new, and each house is built to comply with local codes.
- The basic house does not include:
- Garbage disposal
- Special doors or trim work
- Washer and dryer
- Special cabinets
- Garage or carport
- Concrete patio
Any upgrade in appliances, fixtures, paint, carpet, or other floorings can only be done by the homeowner and only after closing on the house. Habitat is not a custom builder and must use the same grade and quality materials in all houses to maintain fairness for everyone. There will be no changes to the basic house description unless you are informed by HFHWM in writing.
Homeowners are responsible for maintaining their homes. Each HFHWM home comes with a 1-year builders’ warranty. After the 1-year period, all repairs including heating, plumbing, and electrical systems are the responsibility of the homeowner(s). Normal wear and tear maintenance and lawn care is the responsibility of the homeowner immediately upon closing. HVAC and other appliances are covered by manufacturers’ warranties. The HVAC system has a 10-year warranty. The Whirlpool range and refrigerator warranties are 1 year. The water heater has a warranty of 5 years.