2017 Women Build
Each spring more than 10,000 women raised their hammers at Habitat for Humanity construction sites across the country in recognition of National Women Build Week. National Women Build challenges women to devote at least one day to help build affordable housing in their local communities.
We begin work on our eighth annual Women Build home on April 22, 2017 in Franklin, TN.
Want to know more about Women Build? Check out this video and the information below.
Women Build Kickoff Resources
- Slides from Kickoff presentation (please read through these slides for pertinent information)
- Stephanie’s bio (feel free to print or share)
- Hammer Fundraising Tool and a blank copy (if you would like to create your own tool)
- Fundraising letters (template – feel free to adapt to your story. Donors can also give safely and securely on our website, as well as send in checks to 511 West Meade Blvd. Franklin, TN 37064. Please have your supporters note that the donation is for your Women Build fundraising goal.)
- General Women Build flyer to post at your office or share with friends
- First Giving link for Women Build 2017
- Lunch donation details – we are still in great need for volunteers or groups to help feed our volunteers on build days
- Hammers & High Heels donation form – We are always in need of great silent auction items for Hammers & High Heels on June 3rd. Some examples: golf pros, timeshares, food gift certificates, vacation stays, tickets to events/games, signed memorabilia, airline miles, wine or liquor, jewelry, art, and “experiences” (fly fishing, hot air balloon, sky diving, rafting, cooking in one’s home, etc.). If you would like to donate an item, please print out this form and bring it to the HFHWM office (info on form).
Women Build Sponsorship
We are also seeking sponsors for this year’s Women Build & Hammers & High Heels.
Sponsorships range from $1,000 to $10,000 and include a wide range of benefits both at the build site and at Hammers & High Heels.
What is the Women Build?
The Women Build is a Habitat Build where women of all walks of life come together to address the housing crisis that faces many of the women and children of Williamson and Maury Counties.
Do I need to know anything about construction? Absolutely not! We encourage women who are interested in learning construction skills to volunteer, or women who are just looking to get involved in the community.
What if I am new to the community?
No problem! The Women Build is an excellent way to meet people. It’s an memorable experience you’ll never forget!
When does the build start? April 22, 2017
Are there any requirements?
Each volunteer is asked to raise $250 toward the house, but if you want to raise more, you are welcome to do so! We have tools to help you achieve this goal and are here for support!
Who can I contact with questions?
Please contact HFHWM Volunteer Development Manager Rain Fisher at 615-550-5619.
We are excited to welcome Stephanie Dixon to our homeownership program.
Stephanie has been employed with APCOM, Inc. in Franklin for the past 31 years.
“I work hard for my daughter RonNesha (age 11). She keeps me busy with her activities,” she explains. “RonNesha is very active at West Harpeth Primitive Baptist Church where she sings in the choir and dances with the praise team. I’m very thankful to have this opportunity to buy a place that we can call home. I will be much happier knowing that I am a homeowner and not renting. I’m excited about the future.”